Jake - small kitten with a fighting spirit

• Hello, everyone!

This is the story of a small kitten that desperately needs our help and support. His name is Jake and he is only 3 months old. Jake was living in a cat colony in a place, filled with garbage. He had not a good start in life. He was found in a helpless condition just as you can see in the photos. He had curled in a ball, next to the garbage, feeling pain, out in the cold and death was perhaps very close.

I saw him in this state and even though i have 8 cats and 2 dogs under my care, i could not turn away and leave him there. I immediately brought him to veterinary clinic where it became clear that his small body is fighting against 3 cat viruses at the same time! He was positive for panleukopenia, corona and calici viruses. Vets said they rarely seen such a small kitten with 3 positive tests and still alive. His temperature was low because he was dehydrated and his mouth was all covered in big wounds which did not allow him to eat. He needed to receive intensive therapy and the chances for his survival are very slim.

So, Jake was admitted into intensive care unit and began receiving therapy with antibiotics, serum and many other medicines that will try to save his life. On the second day he became interested in food and even tried on his own to eat but the wounds in his mouth, caused by the calici virus, still cause him a lot of pain.

It seems that Jake has extreme fighting spirit and he wants to live. He has seized his small life and does not let it go. For now, at least. It is up to us now that we help him have a future away from the streets and the garbage.

Vets are very happy with the progress Jake has made for several days and we all hope and believe he will survive but for now vets do not want to make any guarantees, because his condition is still critical and he is unable to eat on his own.

Jake will have to stay in the clinic until all of his tests are negative and this will cause a huge veterinary bill which for me it will be very difficult to handle. After his tests are negative we will try to find a foster home for him where he can adapt before adoption.

If you want to support Jake, he is placed in Dobro Hrumvane clinic - https://dobrohrumvane.com/

Every small donation will make a difference for Jake and for me!

Bank details of Dobro hrumvane clinic:

Paypal: dobrohrumvane@abv.bg

Procredit bank EAD

BIC: PRCBBGSF

IBAN: BG27PRCB92301049061116

Thank you for reading this story and please keep fingers crossed for Jake!

• Oh dear, such a poor little mouse :ochnoe: .

I also send a little something and of course my fingers are crossed :daumendruecken: :daumendruecken:

:katze3:
    „Wenn man sich mit der Katze einlässt, riskiert man lediglich, bereichert zu werden.“
    (Sidonie-Gabriell Colette)

• poor little fighter

my fingers are crossed too

:daumendruecken:

Viele Grüße

Heike & Lea

(Danah im Herzen)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ich misstraue Menschen, die Hunde nicht mögen.

Aber ich traue jedem Hund, wenn er einen Menschen nicht mag.

(Bill Murry)

• Thank you, kind ladies for the emotional support and donations!

I did not expect that in November we would still be having babies on the streets.

I hope Jake was born under a gracious star, after all.

I cannot make new photos because he has panleukopenia and vets do not allow visits in this area of the clinic so that they can contain the virus. But as soon as possible i will try to visit him and make new photos for you.

Thank you again!

• Hello again dear ladies (i suppose :))

Yesterday i went to visit Jake and there were very good news but also bad ones. Jake was negative on the new tests for panleukopenia and corona! He received super good treatment with all serums and vitamins. Thanks to this he managed to survive the most deadly cat disease. The calici is still active and his mouth still has wounds but not as bad as before and he is able to eat on his own, he even eats dry kibble.

Emotionally he is still in shock and always trembles but at least he does not bite or scratch. Poor boy so much fear in his heart there is...

Unfortunately there is some kind of pandemic from panleukopenia and the clinic asked me to take Jake so that his place can be taken by the next sick kitten. But i did not have anyone who wanted to take Jake in foster home - the forever problem here. No one wants to foster cats, no one wants to help.

So, desperately i moved Jake to another clinic with different vets, different smells and noise. Yet another stress for him but what can i do. He will have to live there until i find someone to take him in foster home. Poor Jake has no luck so far to have a home and loving people around.

His bill was 330 euro and i was about to faint when i heard this but this is the reality.

Thank you so much to everyone who helped him with his treatment! I still wait for confirmation from the clinic accountant that they received your donations.

Please, keep fingers crossed for scared Jake that one day soon he will be able to leave the clinics and find a home...

• Fingers still crossed too!!! :daumendruecken:

Viele Grüße

Heike & Lea

(Danah im Herzen)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Bill Murry)

• Hello, dear people.

Some news about Jake. We managed to find a foster home for him but things are not going well :(

Jake is still very scared and at the same time he wants to cuddle in humans and communicate with them. Jake is such a good kitten but he has no luck to be around people who can help him. The foster parent of Jake does not have experience with cats and always makes the wrong decisions. He has a big 7kg male cat that has never seen other cats and he decided to put Jake with him so that they could play together .... We tried to explain the right approach but he doesn`t listen. The result was a fight between both cats and a human who was bitten. Jake does not feel good there but we have no choice.

We urgently need home for Jake but people here do not adopt or foster.

We do not know what we will do with Jake.... At the moment we rely only on some kind of a miracle.

Helping cats in need in Bulgaria is becoming so difficult and impossible :(

• :thumbsup: perfect!

Viele Grüße

Heike & Lea

(Danah im Herzen)

(Bill Murry)