Katze Mara aus Bulgarien

• Hello everyone!

This is Mara, one cute and cuddly cat from Bulgaria. Mara is around 5 years old and actually she was a pet cat, living in a home with her owner. Unfortunately for Mara her happy life was suddenly shaken when her owner was diagnosed with mental illness. Slowly he became dangerous for his neighbors which called the police many times and at the end he was taken and locked in a care facility. In Bulgaria however, no one cares for the pets of people who are taken away from their homes leaving behind their pets alone and scared.

Mara was suddenly left alone in the empty apartment and no one cared for that. No food, no water, no toilet and no one to cuddle with. How scared and confused she must had been! Soon she felt hungry and the only option to find food was to jump through balconies at 4th floor risking her life. Soon the same neighbours started noticing her walking on their balconies late at night searching for garbage or food. Again no one cared and Mara was forced to live like this for almost 2 months! Soon she lost weight and spirit. She did not want anything to do with humans and never asked for their help. She was doomed to die slowly and painfully.

Thank God one of those neighbour mentioned something about Mara to my brother who works in the local grocery shop and he went to look for Mara in the empty apartment. But Mara felt so scared and isolated that she did not allow my brother even to see her.

So, we set up a trap and finally took her.

Now Mara is living in my brother`s apartment and she is back to her cuddly and affectionate herself. She was tested for FIV/Felv and is negative. She has 2 vaccinations + rabies now and next week we have appointment for her castration.

We are looking for a new home for Mara but this time we promised her that this home will be forever and no one will ever abandon her again.

Mara is very very cuddly and affectionate to people. But with other cats she definitely prefers male company only. To females she is aggressive. She can be rehomed as a single cat or with a male companion.

Mara is also medium playful - she likes to play with a stick very much.

Please, help us find her a new home! If you are someone that works in a rescue organization and would like to help rehome cats from Bulgaria, please write to me.

This is how my brother tried to find her in the empty apartment:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Sweet little cat. :katze4:

Fingers crossed to find a good home for the pretty one. :katze3: :bluemchen:

Thanks so much to your brother for saving the poor soul. :bluemchen:

Viele Grüße

Heike & Lea

(Danah im Herzen)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ich misstraue Menschen, die Hunde nicht mögen.

Aber ich traue jedem Hund, wenn er einen Menschen nicht mag.

(Bill Murry)

• Thanks to your brother for keeping Mara now.

I wish a great time together!

Viele Grüße

Heike & Lea

(Danah im Herzen)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ich misstraue Menschen, die Hunde nicht mögen.

Aber ich traue jedem Hund, wenn er einen Menschen nicht mag.

(Bill Murry)

• Offizieller Beitrag

All the best to Mara and your brother :love:

“ Lassen wir das Herz ohne den Verstand sprechen, verwischt sich der Unterschied zwischen Mensch und Tier. ”
    Dalai Lama