Leni and Elena - kitten couple

• This is how I met them:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOKeGlDKaGA

I was driving to our countryside next to the small town called Elena. In the countryside people often abandon kittens and puppies or drown them in rivers. We would never have rescued Elena and Eleni if my car`s A/C was not working and I had to drive with open windows. This is how I heard their screams from the road. I must admit that I decided I cannot afford another batch of kittens. I thought that they were newborns as their scream was so loud. And I continued to drive along. But this scream was so loud that it stayed in my head. I came back and we found them, luckily they were not newborns and they were only 2. Elena was extremely scared and I could not catch her. She was following her brother in panic and this saved her.

They live in an empty storehouse. Not the best place but the only one.

We took them to our countryhouse last week for my vacation and they enjoyed the yard so much. They were playing like crazy on the grass, climbing on the trees and meeting my old cats who I also had to take with me.
    Leni is extremely social to people. He likes to cuddle in humans, to take part in everything they do. To the point he is just annoying. He is like a cotton in your hands. They both like to play but not in a rough way. Even Leni who is a boy is a very gentle player.
    Elena was very shy in beginning but after they spend with us much time, she became even more cuddly than her brother. She is very attached to her brother, she follows him around. But I guess she will always stay just a little bit shyer than him.
    They are both very gentle when they play with humans and they truly prefer to be around humans as much as possible.

Now both are 6 months old, have 2 vaccinations and will be castrated soon.

Dear people,

I desperately need the help of some reliable organization. Leni and Elena are growing up fast and they are not posted by any organization at the moment. Do you think there is some organization that could help me find homes for them? I know every organization is very busy with so many cats but I really need help. I have only 5 foster cats but some of them wait for years and outside there are so many more waiting and dying until I have free space. Please, if some people from organizations read here, i would be so grateful if you can help me rehome some of my foster cats. I have no other solution for them. I also have two seniors cats - one with heart failure and one with diabetes that cannot be adopted and will stay with me but they take space and food. Along with my own adopted cats and the foster cats and the situation is very stressful for all of us.
    I will be so grateful if you can recommend some organization that could help Leni and Eleni by posting them.

• Leni

Leni (04/2019) bemerkte unsere bulgarische Tierschutzkollegin nur aufgrund eines Defekts an ihrem Fahrzeug. Mitten im Hochsommer fiel die Klimaanlage aus, sodass sie gezwungen war, mit weit geöffneten Fenstern durch ein kleines bulgarisches Dorf zu fahren. Nur so konnte sie das verzweifelte Rufen der beiden Geschwister (?) Leni und Elena bemerken. Sofort hielt sie an und machte sich auf die Suche nach den Schreihälsen, die auch nicht lange auf sich warten ließen.
    Und obwohl sie keine Kapazitäten für die Aufnahme neuer Notfälle mehr hat, konnte die bulgarische Tierschützerin die beiden nicht ihrem Schicksal überlassen und nahm sie natürlich mit. Weil aber sämtliche Pflegestellen vor Ort aus allen Nähten platzen, blieb nur die Möglichkeit, die beiden Grautiger in einem alten, leerstehenden Ladengeschäft unterzubringen. Dort werden sie natürlich gut versorgt, aber menschliche Gesellschaft fehlt ihnen sehr. Insbesondere der Kater Leni ist sehr menschenbezogen und und freut sich über jede kleine Ansprache.

Auch wenn Leni sich nicht für die ganz rauen Katerspiele begeistern lässt, ist er natürlich doch altersgemäß verspielt und hat die meiste Zeit des Tages jede Menge Blödsinn im Kopf. In seinem neuen Zuhause muss daher bereits Katzengesellschaft zum Toben auf ihn warten. Gerne würde er auch seine Schwester Elena mitbringen, das ist aber kein Muss, ein gesicherter Balkon zum Sonnenbaden hingegen schon.

Leni sitzt nun auf gepackten Koffern und ist bereits gechipt, geimpft und FIV und FeLV negativ getestet. Die Kastration steht im Moment noch aus.

Elena

Elena (04/2019) bemerkte unsere bulgarische Tierschutzkollegin nur aufgrund eines Defekts an ihrem Fahrzeug. Mitten im Hochsommer fiel die Klimaanlage aus, sodass sie gezwungen war, mit weit geöffneten Fenstern durch ein kleines bulgarisches Dorf zu fahren. Nur so konnte sie das verzweifelte Rufen der beiden Geschwister (?) Leni und Elena bemerken. Sofort hielt sie an und machte sich auf die Suche nach den Schreihälsen, die auch nicht lange auf sich warten ließen.
    Insbesondere Elena ist Menschen gegenüber sehr zurückhaltend und würde eigentlich dringend zuverlässige Bezugspersonen benötigen, die ihr mit Geduld zeigen, dass Streicheleinheiten durchaus auch einen großen Mehrwert bieten können. Auch wenn Elena dem Menschen grundsätzlich nicht abgeneigt zu sein scheint, sollten sich ihre neuen Besitzer bewusst sein, dass sie immer eine eher ängstliche und zurückhaltende Katze bleiben wird. Dennoch ist Elena ein fröhliches Kitten, welches altersgemäß verspielt ist und die meiste Zeit des Tages jede Menge Blödsinn im Kopf hat. In ihrem neuen Zuhause muss daher bereits Katzengesellschaft zum Toben auf sie warten. Gerne würde sie auch ihren Bruder Leni mitbringen, das ist aber kein Muss, ein gesicherter Balkon zum Sonnenbaden hingegen schon.

Elena sitzt nun auf gepackten Koffern und ist bereits gechipt, geimpft und FIV und FeLV negativ getestet. Die Kastration steht im Moment noch aus.

J. Lindner
    05724 – 905 33 57
    (Rückruf nur auf Festnetz möglich)
    Jana@anaa-katzen.de

https://presenter.comedius.de/design/anaa_st…n=Detailansicht

• Dear all,

I found people who can transport both cats to Germany but we need a little help.

I need a volunteer who can take both kitties from Frankfurt on 30/12 and drive them to 56825 Beuren.

If someone wants to help, we will be very grateful!

• The transport of both siblings failed.
    I still search for some way to transport them close to Frankfurt.
    If some of you know two people who fly to Frankfurt from Sofia, please let me know.

• When do they have to travel? I travel every month from Sofia to Frankfurt!

Hindernisse sind die furchterregenden Dinge, die man sieht, wenn man den Blick vom Ziel abwendet!
    Auschwitz fängt da an, wo einer im Schlachthof steht und sagt: "Es sind ja nur Tiere" - Theodor W. Adorno (Philosoph)

• The people from Germany want that Leni and Elena travel only in cabin, not in cargo. And one person can take only one cat in cabin. That is why I need two people for Leni and Elena traveling together in the same flight so that each can take one cat in cabin.

• Leni and Elena will go to a foster home in Germany and will continue to search for a forever home from there. But I am having great trouble to find two people in the same flight who can take them in cabin.
    Please let me know if you know someone (two people) who fly to Frankfurt.

• Thanks to two wonderful German ladies both kitties are now in a foster home in Germany, town of Beuren!
    I hope soon they will have a forever home too!
    Nadine and Anja, thank you both so much!
    Marion helped with the transport and I thank her too!
    Be happy little ones! I am glad we rescued you! Both of you are the sweetest and most charming little kitties!